EPA is removing the wall

From 1999 to 2006, a sheet pile wall divided the river, allowing EPA to section off areas for de-watering and excavation of contaminated sediment.  At the end of that remedial project, the 1400 foot wall was left in place in case it might be needed for the remediation of the site where the chemical plant lies demolished under a clay cap.  Since it will not be used, EPA is removing the wall.  This photo shows the last few feet of wall and the crane on the barge that is doing the heavy lifting.  (December 10, 2014)